Training to Restart at Beaver Park
Dear Club Members,
The Beverley RUFC Committee have been working behind the scenes to ensure that we mitigate against any potential risks associated with any proposed training activities. We have explored liabilities, which include our members and consideration for the wider community and residents of Beverley.
The RFU, are all very supportive of our intention to recommence training as long as we rightfully adhere to the RFU & HSE policies and procedures, which are in turn aligned to government guidance.
Part of that adherence is the completion of the required RFU risk assessment before we commence any training. This is required for insurance purposes as we are liable should people not comply with the guidelines and is available for coaches to complete for all age groups.
Some key points to note;
- The club house will only be open for the toilet and not changing so please go prepared and there will be no showers.
- You will need to take your own water bottle/refreshments – not to be shared.
- Coaches should take some evidential photographs of conformance, just in case we need to use them should any unexpected criticism arise. If all goes to plan these should not be needed. Note also that we have recorded CCTV footage of the entire facility.
- You must always maintain a 2m social distancing with no physical contact.
- Coaches will be running the sessions with appointed deputies so we can maintain the RFU guidelines ratio of 5 players and a coach per training group; 6 in a group maximum.
- Please ensure you follow the guidance of the coach and use your own sanitation equipment.
- During this time any club related activity must be agreed by the Beverley RUFC Committee as per our club’s constitution and the RFU guidelines. These rules should be adhered too away from Beaver Park.
- When the outside bar/café is open, all purchases are on the understanding they are take-away basis and must be removed a minimum of 5 metres from the bar, no seating will be provided by Beverley RUFC.
We are all deeply passionate about rugby, our club and the camaraderie and friendship it brings. It is also very pleasing that we are all keen to make the most of this opportunity during such strange times and the Committee Support this activity as long as we demonstrate our management to deliver a safe environment for all those attending. We all know that rugby is good for your overall wellbeing – so please enjoy yourself.
Please adhere to the ‘rules’ so we can then all rest assured that the welfare and safety of any of our club members and neighbouring community are being appropriately protected.
If you are attending will you please declare your intention to do so by calling the number below so we can ensure that the numbers are manageable in line with the mandatory club training risk assessment which needs to be completed and submitted to the RFU Covid Team before we commence.
If you require any further clarification than please do not hesitate to contact Neil Botham (07393 841108).
Thank you for your understanding and support and welcome back to Beaver Park!
Beverley RUFC Committee
Note: A copy of this notification is included as a download along with a copy of the RFU Assessment Form.