Job Opportunity – Deputy Clubhouse Manager
Job Details – Deputy Clubhouse Manager
An exciting opportunity for a Deputy Clubhouse Manager (DCM) joining our team at Beverley RUFC, to assist in the management of the club operations with particular focus on the catering function and becoming an integral member of the Senior Committee. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be incentivised to stimulate incremental use of the club to become a more integrated part of the community and increase revenues.
As DCM will report into the Clubhouse Manager, and work closely with the Senior Committee, and clients to deliver the best possible customer/visitor experience at Beaver Park. The DCM will have a strong presence during opening hours and have a hands-on approach to the event planning & management at the club and afforded the autonomy to grow the services offered to the community we serve.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Marketing the club and our facilities to offer to the wider community and grow revenues
- Principle point of contact for enquiries and establishing terms for bookings
- Planning, set-up and then front of house management of hospitality events
- Catering management – from menu planning to serving and including staff supervision
- Digital channel media management and marketing, including match day programme content design and logistics
- Payment handling (cash & card) and reconciliation
- Supervising and operating the bar from time to time
- Ensuring health and safety policy is adhered to
- Staff & volunteer training and rota management and timesheet control
- Financial concurrence and audits including stock management
- Accountable for the Clubhouse being clean, tidy, and safe for all
- Oversee the outsourced laundering and ensure availability of the senior team playing kit
- Support the Clubhouse Manager and Committee in helping the club to thrive and grow
We are looking for a DCM that can work collaboratively with staff and volunteers and proactively, demonstrating leadership skills, with an eye for detail. As the DCM you will be managing the facility to a high standard and exceed client expectations. Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management are key elements of this role.
The successful club Steward will have some of the following:
- Team management and leadership experience
- Hands on catering experience in a busy environment
- Hands on bar sales experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Commercially astute with good planning and risk management
- Ability to produce and present food and associated services
- Experience in a sports club environment would be an advantage
- Excellent HSE knowledge & experience
- Good communication and sales skills
- A passion for excellent service delivery
- Cellar and food stock management experience
- Ideally Level 2 personal licence certificate, if not Beverley RUFC will fund this.
- Ideally Level 3 award in Emergency First Aid at Work certificate, if not Beverley RUFC will fund this.
- Must hold food hygiene certificate Level 2
- Must have completed online Food Allergy Training via Food Standards Agency
- Preferable to hold a level 2 certificate in Customer service, if not Beverley RUFC will consider funding this.
- PAYE Monthly, hourly rate dependant on experience and in accordance with government guidelines
- Working hours are dictated by the events diary expected to be c16-22 hours per week
- Many of these hours will be evening and weekend and more of them during between September to May
- There will also be an incentive scheme for the creation of incremental revenue
Closing Date – 30th April 2021
Apply via email to Neil Botham at email@example.com